Prepare delicious Mideast pickles at home. They are so much tastier and healthier than the commercial ones. Homemade pickles can be a special, gourmet gift for you and your friends.
There are many great Middle Eastern pickle recipes, some recipes like Iraqi pickled cucumber are easy to prepare, and others like pickled green olives require more works. Every pickle lover will find his favorite Mideastern pickle recipes.
You need no more than 30-40 minutes for preparing them.Get the right ingredients, follow the basic pickling rules and you are on the right track.
If everything is done properly, you can expect your tasty pickles to last for quite a long time. In some cases you would not even need to refrigerate them.
Now, take a look at these 4 important tips for successful pickling, They are a must for achieving great results.
1. To succeed in homemade pickling: do not use your hand to remove the pickles from the jar; it will ruin the liquids. Rather use a fork or wooden tongs.
2. Always get high quality, fresh vegetables; it is a must.
3. Unless you have different directions, use 1 Tsp sea-salt to each cup water.
4. For successful pickling use a glass jar.
5. In most cases, use warm water.
Azriel is an expert in Middle Eastern cooking. He also works as an educator and translator.
Visit his website at: http://www.amideastfeast.com